Letting Operations Help Guide Your Commercial Space Needs
You don’t have to have a degree in operations or be a COO to map out your Ottawa commercial facility needs, but the physical structure of your business is definitely guided by them. Your Ottawa facility’s physical structure and layout should help you efficiently deliver your products or services to your customers. So put on that operations cap and consider the needs of the following departments:
- Accounts Payable and Receivable/Finance
- HR and Payroll
- Facility Maintenance and Security
Whether the department makes what you sell or supports “back office” functions for your business, each have their own unique requirements. Seek input as well as advice from an Ottawa general contractor like Argue.
Additionally, you’ll need to take a hard look at your business and attempt to answer these questions:
- What are the essential operating steps that you must do to bring your product or service to your customers?
- In what logical order should these steps be done?
- How many employees will your facility be home to?
- Will you have specialized machinery?
Leave a Reply