The Controller will report to the President.
We are an established but growing construction company looking for a full-time mature professional who is detail oriented and conscientious, to oversee and execute all day-to-day accounting activities in our Carp office. The candidate must be able to provide their own transportation, be able to work closely with the President and to effectively manage priorities while meeting timelines.
Responsibilities and Duties
The ideal candidate must be a reliable team player who is highly organized and able to prioritize and multi-task.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage full cycle accounting, financial reporting, financial statements;
- Perform day-to-day accounting activities in the areas of project management, job costing, accounts payable and receivable, bill payments, banking, asset management;
- Manage company payroll activities and administer group benefits program;
- Preparation and filing of all Government remittances;
- Communicating with subcontractors and others associated with project and non-project related work;
- Assisting in the preparation of financial reports and work with accountants to prepare year-end financial statements.
Skills and Experience
- Completion of University Degree in Accounting;
- Professional Designation or a designation in progress;
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices;
- Experience with Sage Accounting would be an asset;
- Prior experience in a construction environment will be considered an asset;
- Work with Project Managers to review cost reports and prepare monthly progress invoices on all construction projects;
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word);
- Detail-oriented with the ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines;
- Highly organized multi-tasker who works well in a fast-paced environment.
Please send resume to email@example.com
We thank all those who apply, however only those to be interviewed will be contacted.